Rules and Regulations
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate use of the equipment, intent to injure, fighting, profanity, drug/alcohol use, and/or abuse of staff. It is the responsibility of all players to conduct themselves in a way that is respectful and considerate to team members, opposing teams, staff, referees, and/or any other people concerned. The zero-tolerance policy will be strictly enforced, and may result in removal of a player(s) and/or complete game stoppage. No refunds will be provided under this policy.
Before the EVENT Begins
- WAIVERS: Waivers must be read and signed by each player prior to the event. Persons under the age of 18 must have their waiver signed by a legal parent/guardian. There will be no exceptions for individuals who do not have a signed waiver.
- PAYMENT: Payment must be received in full prior to game play.
- ARRIVAL: Arrive approximately 30 minutes before your scheduled start time. This will allow time to change clothes, submit signed waivers, pay fees, and ask questions if needed.
- START TIME: Games that start late will finish on time. There will be no extra time added - all games will start and end on time.
- BRIEFING: An overview of the rules and regulations will be provided to all players prior to game play.
- RESPONSIBILITY: All players are responsible for reading and understanding the rules contained herein.
- AGE: Minimum age for game play is generally 8 years old, however, the bubble suits weight 20-25 lbs when fully inflated, so smaller children may not be able to carry the bubble on their shoulders for long periods of time. Any persons under the age of 18 must have the consent of a legal parent/guardian.
- WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS: The weight limit (maximum) for use of the adult sized bubbles is 250 lbs.
- HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS: We recommend a height of 5'0" to 6′ 2″ to use adult sized bubble suits, and 3’6” to 5’0” to use child sized bubble suits. These are approximate ranges and may vary depending on how the bubble suit fits the individual. We recommend having 8-10” of space above your head to the top surface of the ball to allow you to flip over. Taller players using bubble suits not suited for them will play at their own discretion.
- EYEGLASSES: Eyeglasses cannot be worn during game play, only safety goggles with a head strap. Contact lenses are also acceptable.
- FOOTWEAR: Sport sneakers with rubber/soft soles are compulsory for all players. High heels, hard-soled shoes, boots, work boots, hiking boots, or spiked shoes are not permitted under any circumstance. Sock feet or bare feet are also not permitted.
- CLOTHING: Short or long sleeve t-shirts are required during game play (tank tops or muscle shirts are not permitted). Athletic pants or shorts are recommended. Clothing with sharp buttons or snaps is not permitted. Belts are also not permitted.
- OTHER SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Shin pads and knee pads are recommended, but not mandatory.
- JEWELRY: All jewelry, including watches, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings must be removed prior to game play. Irremovable jewelry must be covered.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES: It is recommended that long hair be tied back with soft elastics. Barrettes, hair pins, hair clips, and/or similar accessories that could potentially puncture a bubble suit are not permitted.
- CONTACT BETWEEN BUBBLES: It is forbidden to bump a player from behind or to aim your bubble at another player’s legs. It is also forbidden to fiercely bump a player who does not have the ball, or a player who is on the ground. Do not bump another player without making sure they see you first.
- HYGIENE: After the game, we ask that you wipe down the inside of your bubble. We will provide you with cleaning solution and a cloth. We will do a thorough cleaning of the bubbles prior to their next use.
Rules of Gameplay
In most cases, bubble soccer is played for fun and laughs, so there are no strict rules of game play – only to have a blast! That said, the following are some rules that could be adopted as you see fit.
- GOAL KEEPER: No designated goal keeper, however, it is acceptable for a player to stand in front of the goal.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 3-5 players per team.
- PLAYER ROTATION: Players can trade places with one another, but generally try to limit this to 10 minute intervals at minimum.
- GAME TIME: Usually one (1) hour games divided into four (4) equal length quarters, with short breaks in between each quarter.
- KICK-OFF: At the beginning of each game (or quarter), the ball is placed in the centre of the play area, and teams line up along their goal line. When the whistle blows, teams run to the ball for possession. This also occurs every time a goal is scored. Alternatively, when a goal is scored, the team who is scored upon gets possession. In this case, the team who scored cannot cross the centre line until the team in possession “breaks” the centre line.
- KICK-INS: This generally only applies to outdoor fields of play. All kick-ins from the side line must be kicked in by the opposite team that kicked it out. The kicker must have both feet behind the side line when the ball is kicked. A player on the opposing team must give the kicker a gap of at least five (5) metres to kick-in.
- CORNERS: This generally only applies to outdoor fields of play. A corner kick is awarded to the attacking team if the defending team kicks a ball across their own end line. The kicker must have both feet behind the lines when the ball is kicked from the corner. A player on the opposing team must give the kicker a gap of at least five (5) metres to kick-in.
- FOUL / FREE KICK: If a foul is called, a free kick will be awarded to the opposing team. Generally, players will agree to the award of a foul kick when no referees are present. A player on the opposing team must give the kicker a gap of at least five (5) metres for a free kick.
- OFFSIDE: Generally, this rule is not applied.
- BALL IN BUBBLE: If the ball lands inside a player’s bubble, play will stop to retrieve the ball. This player will be provided possession where the ball landed in the bubble. A gap of two (2) meters will be provided to this player by the opposition until the ball is played.